I have some wonderfully soft cotton yarn from Hobby Lobby (I Love this Cotton). It is just too nice for a dishcloth but a facecloth would be perfect. Searching high and low through Ravelry and the cotton yarn sites for patterns just didn't turn up what I had in mind and the ridged dishcloth pattern I had made a few years ago, was just not to be found either in my files or on the internet. So with a few frogged starts, a simple knit two rows, purl two rows ridge with a 3 stitch border became a facecloth with a delightful texture.
With a good stash of firmer Peaches and Creme cotton on cones and an older simple Swifter sitting idle, in need of recyclable duster covers, I set out to use the same ridged pattern for my mop. I cast on 70 stitches with a gauge of 4 stitches per inch and knit until there was enough to extend the width of the foam head. Centering the mop head on the knit band, I folded over each end and stitched them to the bound edges to form pockets to fit the head snugly. The duster head goes on great now but I am concerned it will shrink when laundered. The next duster cover will be from the stash of acrylic yarn I didn't give away on FreeCycle before I moved.