Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally!

In May of '09, I posted a picture of the quilt I made for my mom:

http://sewwonderful.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html

Well, the time wasn't right to give it. Mom was packing up a whole house to make a major move. Now, my parents are finally getting comfortable in their new home and it just seems like the right time to present the quilt as a sort of house warming gift.

Wednesday, I embroidered a label for the quilt on my Janome MC10K. Yesterday, I made it into a framed block, and this morning while doing laundry, I stitched it on. I am glad to have the quilt ready to give and my Mom will have to keep the quilt because the label makes it hers! ;)

3 comments:

Lizzerd said...

what a wonderful way to personalize a quilt ... note to self: get an embroidery machine next!!

Sally said...

I just had a chance to play with a friend's Janome 200E (read that as a lesson to help her figure out the machine). It is just an embroidery machine with a 5x5 inch design area. It was a very nice machine and not very expensive. 5x5 would make very nice quilt labels.

Kathy said...

Nice label....I purchased a 350E just for this purpose....you inspire me...thank you